Monday, January 25, 2010

Cranberry Muffins


I am mixing up my new recipe challenge to myself. I made these Cranberry Muffins yesterday and they are very, very, good. So I am sharing this recipe with all of you.
Cranberry Muffins

1 cup chopped cranberries (I used dry, rehydrated, next time I am using fresh)
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup sugar
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup melted shortening ( I used butter)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees when ready to bake. Mix the 1/2 cup sugar and cranberries in small bowl and soak together overnight. Mix flour, baking soda, salt and 1/4 cup sugar together. Add beaten egg, buttermilk and melted shortening. Mix in cranberry mixture. Grease muffin cups and put in the batter. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Mine made 10 muffins, but they are very large.

Hope you all enjoy them.

Off to visit you all.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Jackie,

    They look and sound delicious. I'm going to bake myself some using Splenda.

    Thanks also for checking out my Etsy shop. I'm doing very well with the coasters and have new things I will be adding in the next few weeks.

    Just left you a note on FB.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the Cranberry Muffin recipe Jackie - they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, those look good. And I have fresh cranberries in the freezer!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love cranberry anything. I just bought some Carisins and I'm going to use them in this recipe...Yum:). When I was in Texas this past summer my SIL baked muffins every Sunday morning....something lite before church and I've been trying to bake some for the weekend too...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, I found a recipe on the Frugal Upstate blog that I think you and Harvey would like. I will post it on FL. Mary PS: Forgive me if you have already tried this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your muffins look so yummy.. thanks for sharing the recipe..

    ReplyDelete