Friday, July 25, 2014

After The Rain

Over the last two evenings we have received almost an inch of rain. Great for the garden and lawns, not so great for picking in said garden. The last row of beans are still waiting to be picked, hopefully tomorrow morning Harvey and I can get in and finish that job.

I also hope to pick the parsley, some more kohlrabi and the last of the peas. Being busy with the garden might mean that I will be unable to bake the rhubarb loaves and muffins. I hope not, as the fridge is getting way too full.

A couple of days ago I got another parcel in the mail. I have been waiting for this parcel for three weeks and am so happy to get it.


More patterns that I ordered from McCalls!!!

Some are even suitable with the right fabric choice for wearing during the fall and winter.

This pattern,

I am really excited about making. I even have a beautiful heavy patterned red fabric to make it in. I am a bit scared however as it is fully lined (have I ever made a lining for any pattern....no), and there are lots of pieces to cut out and sew. I hope if I take my time I can do justice to this beautiful coat pattern.

I even have fabric for this skirt,

The green one, only I plan on using a red knit (or perhaps the royal blue knit I have in my stash).

Just got to get my other sewing projects done and I can get started on some fall/winter wear.

Off to work on my Christmas rug project!!

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment