Sunday, July 20, 2014

Sunday Ramblings

I am afraid that I did not pay as much attention to Father Brian's homily as I should have today. It was so hot in the church that Harvey's Aunt ended up being wheeled out of Mass mid way into the homily and my mind was elsewhere.

I do remember him asking us at the end "Where does the word of God fall in our lives, good soil or poor?" I sometimes wonder if the soil of my faith is rich enough for the word to take root. Guess that is something I will have to work on, making sure my faith is rich and pure. Able to take in God's word and follow His teachings.

Thought I would also share some more pictures from the threshing bee.

We got to see an old fashioned lumber mill at work.


We watched them cut planks and beams. What a lot of work and as Harvey said dangerous as well!!! Look at the size of the saw.

Then it was off to see the threshing.

I can only imagine how hot, sticky and itchy this work was. It would also be back breaking as the "threshing crew" would travel from farm to farm doing this every day for weeks until the harvest was done. Kudos to our pioneer forefathers for working so hard to make a life on the prairies and mothers who would cook for these hungry men everyday.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment