Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thursday Tid Bits

Just a few more pictures of the garden.

My Asiatic Lilies are starting to bloom in front of the house. I love the colours.


The Mandavilla vine is blooming nicely on the deck. I have already told Harvey I am going to try and overwinter this plant in the house with my Bougainvillea.

Then on to the veggie garden.


Pea pods are forming..... Something ate many of the seeds we planted so there probably will not be enough to freeze this year.


Romaine lettuce is nice and green. We have already harvested two heads. The heads are larger than they look so we are set for salads for awhile.

Then I decided that my parsley and basil needed to be trimmed and so I spent some time drying them.

This is the second set of four trays of parsley I dried.

I did not get a picture of the basil, but the way it has been growing it won't be long before I have more to dry.

I usually get enough herbs to last me an entire year, which is wonderful considering how much a small jar costs in the grocery store.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.




1 comment:

  1. Looks like things are growing well for you! Love the lillies!

    ReplyDelete