Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Baking Day

I got up fairly early this morning and managed to get all the household chores done in record time.

So what to do?????

I decided that nice large bag of shredded zucchini that was residing in the fridge needed to be used. I looked through my recipe books and found two recipes that I had either never made or hadn't made in a very long time.

First on the list were these Zucchini Muffins.

I kept these 6 out for breakfasts this week. They are so good and a recipe I have never made before.

Then came something I haven't made since the boys were much younger.


Chocolate Zucchini cake!!!

By the time I cleaned up the kitchen the temperature had risen and so the rest of the zucchini will have to wait until tomorrow.

Here is the recipe for the muffins, there is a surprise ingredient. I have a feeling this ingredient is what keeps them nice and moist.

Miracle Zucchini Muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
2 tbsp milk
1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
1 egg
3/4 cup raisins

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon and salt. In a small bowl, combine salad dressing, milk and egg, beat well. Add to dry ingredients, stirring with fork, until all ingredients are moistened. Fold in remaining ingredients (mixture will be thick). Spoon into greased muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 25 to 30 minutes. Makes 12 large muffins.

Tomorrow morning I plan on using up the remaining zucchini in a couple of loaves for the freezer.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment