Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday Round Up

Kris came home last night fairly late and because of the heat I was not feeling very well. We didn't get a very long visit before I toddled off to bed.

Harvey and Kris had their bonding time early today. They headed out fishing fairly early and came back early as well. The skies were getting very dark and the wind came up, so they felt the trip should come to an early end. I think they have plans to fish for a couple of hours tomorrow morning and Kris will head home in the early afternoon.

Right after lunch my boys got started leveling the new gravel in the driveway. I now have a wonderful new place to park. I really was getting tired of parking on the road and hiking (sarcasm here) the groceries into the house.

Here is our newly renovated driveway.

No longer do I have a rather huge, insurmountable pile of crushed rock sitting in the middle of the drive. Still it is a bit deep and needs to be packed down. Harvey has his truck in here right now. A few more passes and it will be packed down fairly nicely.

While Kris was doing the heavy work moving gravel around, Harvey decided it was time to start painting the cement on the house. He managed to get about 1/4 of it completed before he called it a day.

I do like the darker grey against the light blue grey of the siding. Harvey figures it might be a bit too dark though.

Slowly but surely the summer yard work is being completed.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


No comments:

Post a Comment