Friday, February 13, 2015

Friday Frugalities

Today has actually been full of frugal savings.

I had a free breakfast as school of pancakes, eggs, juice and muffins. Then there were various treats throughout the day! I even got to bring half a dozen muffins home. Each muffin was placed in an individual freezer bag.
This will give us a few lovely snacks for the upcoming week.

Then I bought a rotisserie chicken for our supper tonight (not really frugal, but since I was shopping a good deal). The leftovers were frozen for future meals which does make this a frugal alternative to ordering pizza or something similar.

I packaged up the leftovers (this is one package of the two I froze) and put them in the freezer. I also packaged up the carcass to use for stock. This should give us a few more meals, and make this a frugal over all purchase.

Harvey bought another thermostat for a baseboard heater downstairs. We have another bedroom down there and this will be installed to have some more control over the heat given off from it. He is actually thinking of getting one for the hall way which could be a great idea if it works. We could then get rid of the oil heater I have in there right now.

The rest of the week was filled with the usual frugal activities around here. We are trying to save money for a Med cruise so every little bit helps.

Both Harvey and I are a bit disappointed. Kris is unable to make it home this weekend (it is even a holiday weekend) as he is feeling unwell. I do believe that Kris is disappointed as well. He loves to fish and they were planning an ice fishing excursion. Hopefully Kris will feel better and get down yet this winter.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. Great frugal day, Jackie! Today was actually pretty frugal here, also. I didn't do much (feeling bad again), but we ate at home, etc. which was a good thing. Progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those rotisserie chickens are nice aren't they. All of my homemade canned vegetable soup is gone except for 1 quart and I am thinking of buying a couple of those chickens to put in a new batch. I also purchase them, eat one meal and put the remainder in soup or casserole.
    I know you're disappointed about your son.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete