Saturday, December 12, 2015

Saturday Roundup

It is still snowing so I pulled out my boots for my walk today. The temperature is decent, and there is no wind so my walk was just lovely.

I did a bit more baking today.

Cinnamon buns for breakfasts over the holidays. Of course Harvey and I had to have a taste before I packed them up to put in the freezer. I will be making one more batch once I have more bread flour.

I then spent a bit more time cleaning up the sewing/craft room.

I finally opened up Mom's machine. It needs to be cleaned up but soon enough it will be available to use.

Harvey is going to add some support to the side of the machine and I will be able to put the serger up there as well. I have been using it much more the past while and like to keep it out and ready to use.

My quilting machine and my embroidery machine are set up and ready to go at a moments notice. I even have some quilt blocks ready to finish up and sew together once the rest of the room is cleaned up.

Hopefully more pictures tomorrow on the remaining organization of this room. I also have two more machines that I need to get set up and ready to use. I know, I know, I have too many sewing machines, but if one breaks down I have a replacement to use while the other is being fixed. After all one never knows when the sewing bug will hit. So much to do and so little time!!!!

There is one more item I would love to have in here and that is a laptop. I would have access to more embroidery patterns and even more fun using them. Oh well, perhaps in a few years.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the rest of your sewing room and all of your projects! As soon as the holidays are over I hope to start working on my new sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Jusmom1 and your New Sewing room.

    Jackie, I love it. My husband did not understand when I had 2 sewing machines up and running. Got rid of my grandmother's as I could not get an important part. I still have my Mom's old one. It needs to go in for repair as the timing is off. Still waiting on a serger. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't sew...my mom could really sew, tho.

    ReplyDelete