Friday, March 18, 2016

Frugal Friday

It's Friday and the middle of March. We got snow again overnight and colder temperatures. However, the snow melted for the most part, and now we will have mud once again. I would much rather struggle through mud to the mail box, then struggle over ice.

My five frugal things for this week.

1.  Used some stock from the freezer, some frozen beans, frozen carrots, frozen tomatoes and a couple of potatoes to make a lovely soup for supper tonight.

2.  Using up all the thread on the bobbins I wind for sewing the quilt blocks.

3.  Used up the leftover yarn making a Christmas gift. (I am now one gift done for the year).

4.  Made a couple of loaves of bread this week. However my bread machine could be on its last legs. I may have to start using my KitchenAid machine.

5.  Used up all the bits and pieces from the vegetable crisper.

I could also say that I managed to stay out of the stores for 4 days this week (tomorrow will be number 5). This is probably the best frugal happening here this week.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment