Monday, July 11, 2016

Postus Interruptus

No regular Monday post from me today. In fact all regular chores will be left on the back burner. No project working either or at least very little.

Yesterday we had a major thunderstorm that dropped 5 inches of rain in about an hour or less. This caused major flooding in Estevan, power outages and flooded basements either from sewer back up (my neighbour) or from a high water table (us).

Not only did we get rain, but three waves of hail as well. Some of my flowers may not come back at all, some were just slightly damaged and some still stand proud.

We (guess I should say Harvey has) have spent most of the night pumping out the basement, and really are just staying about even. The water keeps coming in one room and flowing like a little creek to the back room. Right now the pumping centers on the back to try and keep the freezers, water heater and furnace from being ruined.

Pictures of our damage tomorrow hopefully.

With more rain forecast for this area we could be in deep trouble. Keep your fingers crossed for us.

Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you've been flooded. I hope it doesn't get any worse for you and you're able to clear everything up without too much difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, how awful for you. I hope the rain forecast is not as bad as you fear. Thinking of you and those in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jackie, I am SO sorry! I really HATE water! I know exactly what you are going through from living through our 2 floods this year. I will keep you and your hubby in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hope the weather takes a turn for the better for you.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perhaps the weather forecast is wrong - I do hope so, so that you can get dried out soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Jackie, that is gutting, I'm so sorry, what a hassle. Hope you manage to keep on top of it all.

    All the best,

    Rinty xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jackie! I saw the pictures and the ones of watrous. We are not as bad, but think most of the crops southwest of here will be gone. I wish I could help. If you need anything, let me know. I am praying for you all over in SK.

    ReplyDelete