Friday, September 23, 2016
It is the start of another weekend and the time when I try and find at least five frugal things I have done this week.
1. Managed to save almost $40.00 when grocery shopping today. This was with coupon use, and BOGO free offers. I even stuck to my list once again and even managed to stock up on a few items.
2. Once again laundry was hung on the line to dry.
3. Using leftovers to make new meals or using them up at lunch. I have even made a couple of TV style dinners for Kris to take back with him.
4. Harvesting herbs for dehydrating still, onions picked, as well as potatoes and carrots harvested and put aside for the winter.
5. I have finished another Christmas gift using yarn left from other projects and started another gift with still more leftover project yarn.
6. The furnace is not turned on as of yet and the air conditioners are not running either.
After adding up the expenses incurred on the basement, I think we may have to tighten our belts a bit over the next few months. Nothing drastic, but I would really like to cut spending by a bit especially since we have two reunions to attend next summer.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.