Sunday, December 11, 2016

Warming Up

Today was a bit warmer than the previous couple of days. The high for today was -17 C and the temperature when I got up this morning was a balmy -20 C. Of course there was still a bit of a wind chill, but nothing near the bone chilling gusts we suffered through.

I managed to get a bit of baking (or should I say candy making done).

The caramels are cut and wrapped.

Peanut butter cups made into squares this time around. Don't think I will do them this way again as for some reason they just do not want to come out of the pan in one piece.

I also managed to get two more decorations cross stitched.

This means 4 down and two left to go. Hopefully the stitching will be completed this week, and I can finish them up on the weekend.

The countdown to Christmas has begun. Our youngest son Kris (plus our rather large grandcat  Ray) will be home this coming Saturday. Means I will need to cook bigger meals again.

Kurt won't be home until the 24th as he teaches until the 23rd.

So looking forward to having both of them home for a bit. It will be nice to have all the hub bub of them being here. Kind of miss the noise and all the activity.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Your sweets look tasty and I love your cross stitch. I'm glad it's warming up a little where you are.

    ReplyDelete