Saturday, August 19, 2017

Saturday Roundup

It has been a fairly busy week here on the old homestead.

As previously posted I played catch up with garden produce, and while not quite where I would like to be at this point in time, I am slowly but surely getting there. A bit more dehydrating, a bit more shredding and I will be in good shape until the carrots, potatoes, onions and peppers come in.

I am slowly but surely working my way through all the baby yarn I inherited from my mother. I would like to get through at least half of it by the end of September when Christmas knitting will take over from using everything up.

Sewing has not been on my radar as of yet. I am hoping to get a few things completed next week sometime. It seems going to football games kind of messes up my project completion goal. Oh well, I do love spending time with Harvey and Kris.

Talked to our oldest son Kurt last night. He has decided no more traveling for 28 days out of country. He is now rushing to finish all his lesson plans for the first semester of school. I have a feeling that this will change as the years pass and he will be back to traveling for as long as possible.

I have also spent a great deal of time wondering about what is happening to the south of me. The racism and bigotry is not contained to the United States, but slowly and surely making its way up here to Canada. As I stated on Facebook today there is no way on earth to fix stupidity and ignorance and I see more and more of this every day. It bothers me no end that people can not see or understand that here in North America we are either immigrants or the descendants of immigrants....

Well off to do some blog visiting and then some knitting.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Like me you struggle to find time to get everything you want done. I have a knitted tea cosy to finish.

    ReplyDelete