Monday, October 2, 2017

Menu Monday

Kris was home on the weekend and so my menus to end the week were switched around a little bit. Time to get back on track or at least as much of a track as I can.

Monday

Clean out the fridge night.

Tuesday

Hotdogs, sliced cukes and tomatoes, and pasta. There is leftover rice which I hope to make into rice pudding.

Wednesday

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas.

Thursday

Lazy Cabbage rolls served with more sliced raw veggies.

Friday

Salmon patties, rice, corn/peas mixed together.

Saturday

Sausages, baked beans, homemade fries, and coleslaw.

Sunday

Thanksgiving Dinner which will be Roast Turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, salad, cranberries, pickles, and carrots. Dessert will be Pumpkin Pies and whipped cream. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. ummm,I love cabbage rolls and rice puddding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never had pumpkin pie, I must try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cabbage rolls sound great. I had to look up what made them lazy, I can imagine they would always be a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing a weekly menu plan has been so helpful. Like a recipe, the menu is a suggestion. It doesn't always roll out exactly as planned but t's a good reference. I find that a plan for 5 days works out well; there's usually enough leftovers for the other 2 days. I have agreed to be a returning officer at the municipal elections; I'll be at the advance poll on Sat & I'm off to a concert a few hrs away on Sun, so Thanksgiving won't be celebrated with a sit-down dinner on the w/e. I've learned about deboning a turkey and I'll give that a try this week.
    Monday - leftover chickpea, quinoa, sweet potato curry; I made rice pudding too!
    Tuesday - butternut squash soup
    Wednesday - mac & cheese w/ green salad
    Thursday - boneless turkey roast
    Friday - turkey potpie

    ReplyDelete