Sunday, October 29, 2017

Sunday Ramblings

The skies have been grey, and the wind howling around the house today. The perfect type of day to stay close to home and as I always say "putz" around. This picture does not show how dark the sky really was. An inky, ominous black which I am pretty sure is going to bring some kind of precipitation overnight if not before.

I managed to finish my cross stitch late last night and I plan on washing it and perhaps ironing it the beginning of the week (more like wash Monday and iron on Tuesday). This has given me the afternoon to knit Christmas gifts. I finished the last pair of mittens for the men in my life and have started on the scrubby washcloths. In fact I have one done and am 1/4 of the way through the second (hope to have that one done by tonight). This means only two more to do and then I can start on the dishcloths for Kurt, when we stopped there on our way back from our mini vacation I notice he was in desperate need of some new ones.

My knitting basket is slowly going down, and by the time I finish Christmas gift knitting will be empty. Feels pretty darn good, but I do know it won't stay empty for long. I hope to remember to take pictures of all my finished projects to share with all of you.

Sewing will be happening very soon. I have soup bowl cozies, pj bottoms, and a quilt to make in the next month. I will be starting with the easy ones first and working up to the quilt (or I may change my mind and make him some soup bowl cozies instead). Hope to have all finished by the middle of November. Sure would be nice not to be working up until a couple of days before Christmas.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.





2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaquie we get rain snow starting tonight. Thankfully the snow we got last week finally melted. Been a weird fall. I wi#h my yarn was going down as fast as yours. My projects this weekend, consisted of working on other peoples’ Projects they wanted finished. In actuality I have in mind a special project, that will probably take a long time, hence getting everything else done first. I haven’t even started Christmas yet. Out of the eight of us. There are five guys and three gals. So hard to know what they all need/want thT is cost effective. Anyway have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're well organized. I want the garden sorted first then I can start on Christmas bits. Two pension pay days to Christmas.

    ReplyDelete