Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Thrifty Tuesday

A few thrifty things happening around here. Not as many as I would like, but enough to keep me moving forward.

I have a friend who is saving me cardboard tubes for my upcoming Christmas decorations. That means I don't have to madly use paper towels in order to get as many as I think I will need. I will still save them, but at least there is no rush as the next thing I am going to use them for is as pots for starting seed in the spring.

I noticed some seed pods forming on my moonflower plant. These will be collected come fall and saved to be used to start new plants in the spring.

I have collected a few orange seeds and will pot those up very soon. I want to see if I can grow an orange tree (just a small one) in my house.

Collected and washed a couple of glass jars (need a few more) so I can take cuttings of the English Ivy, root them and then plant them for use in my pots next year.

Harvey decided to paint the Adirondack chairs and found some rotted pieces. He had more than enough treated lumber to replace them. Now comes the measuring, cutting and fixing.

We had paint leftover from doing some white touch ups outside, so Harvey used some of it to paint the park bench we have by the firepit. There is enough left over to do some touch ups on the few windows we have with wooden frames. That will have to wait until the temperatures drop a bit as it is hotter than Hades outside right now.

I used some ice I cleared out of the bottom of the fridge to water my front plants after it melted. Must do this more often.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless. 

2 comments:

  1. You are so good at this !
    We have a lot of young people around here in the summertime and they all have water bottles...after they leave, I water some of my plants with their water left in their bottles.

    ReplyDelete