Saturday, November 24, 2018

Saturday Roundup

Today has been dark and dreary. I can't say that it has been cold, and no rain or snow fell, those are big pluses. Yet with no sunshine it was hard to get into the mood to really do anything.

This week saw me finish the prayer shawl, start another knitting project for the evenings, finish two of those sewing projects that have been sitting around, do some decluttering and see Harvey work on getting the hall and our bedroom ready to paint.

I actually could probably have finished a second sewing project today, but just was not in the mood. I will get the second simple top completed tomorrow after Mass (at least I hope to). I won't be able to do much sewing on Monday as I have a quarterly visit to my dentist for a cleaning mid afternoon. I may just try to get something else from my goals list completed instead.

Decluttering and extra cleaning filled up the rest of my days. After a very long hiatus from decluttering I got back at it. I don't think that I will reach my goal for the year, but I am giving it a good try.

My winter stock up list has been made. Harvey figures it really does not save us much, but I know it really does. Fewer buys from our more expensive grocery stores here in town, less gas being used to get from place to place, and a bit more variety in the way of groceries. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. You sound like you are working hard on gifts for Christmas. I am not sure what a prayer shawl is...but it sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about the grocery shopping, things like gas to get you there are hidden costs, but multiple trips really add up.

    ReplyDelete