Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

This hasn't been the most thrifty of weeks. More than likely due to me finding lots of items that needed to be tossed in that darn chest freezer. I am amazed at how I let it get away from me, but can place some of the blame on having broken my wrist last year. Surprising myself at how well it looks right now even without using a great deal from it. All those 3 and 4 year old frozen baked goods and frozen cherry pie filling (as well as some old veggies) have cleared out a great deal of space. Now just to defrost, reorganize and start using things up.

I had a hair stylist appointment today very late so Harvey decided that I wouldn't have to cook. He grabbed some coupons and got us some burgers and fries for our supper (so Shrove Tuesday was easy peasy). Tomorrow since it is Ash Wednesday I will be switching a few meals around. I will probably do the soup instead and since it makes a big batch well some will be going in the freezer. It will be joining the Cream of Mushroom soup already in there.

Paid for the cut and style with my allowance so no money out of the account. Cha Ching. 

I did do a bit of mending, just a seam or two. And decluttered a bit more.

I hope to have more thrifty happenings here next week.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment