Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Thrifty Tuesday

This week has been one of using things up. All those little bits and bobs that seem to accumulate in my fridge and freezers.  I have also been using my pressure cooker a bit more over the last few days and cooking larger batches so that we are able to eat twice with just a warm up. 

I had a bit of a problem with my favourite sewing machine. First I broke a needle and then when I took the plates off to get said needle (it fell through and seems to have disappeared) I saw how lint and dust bunny filled it was. Gave it a good cleaning, put it together, and then it developed another problem. The thread kept bunching up on the bottom.

I was worried that I would have to take it in to the sewing machine hospital (which just happens to be two hours away). Left it overnight, and mid morning after getting my laundry started, pies made, and a few other chores done, decided to give it another go. Seems there was a few threads that were loose, caught in the bobbin feeder that were causing the problem. I got those cleaned out and gave it another go. It is humming away perfectly right now and I hope that continues. 

Tomorrow I get back to quilting that 2nd quilt I have sandwiched. Hopefully finishing it in a couple of days.

I used up another small leftover ball of yarn making those squares. Still not enough to do anything with but I will continue to work with the finer sport weight yarn as I find those orphan balls and little bits of leftovers.

Picked rhubarb from the garden and made two pies today. Used up the frozen pie crusts I had made awhile back. 

Planting and walking for my exercise.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.


1 comment:

  1. Home repairs to the sewing machine were VERY thrify. Well done You!

    ReplyDelete