Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Almost Ready

We will be leaving in a day and a half for the family reunion. Slowly but surely I am getting things done that need to be accomplished before we leave.

Today I straightened out the sewing/craft room. I have been working in there over the past few days trying to complete these:

This is a surprise for all the family attending the reunion. It is the first time I have made a badge on my embroidery machine and I am pretty proud of the way they turned out. I now know the mistakes I made and have an idea of how to improve them and I got ideas running through my head for more surprises for the next reunion. I am thinking a banner using the Cricut or a stencil and fabric paints.

The garden is coming along slowly. Lack of rain and the cold spring have slowed down growth. I did however get this,

My first Moonflower. 

The other plant looks to finally being able to produce a bloom or two. I think some of the first blooms (or buds) were damaged from the hail we had one evening. They died on the vine, but one now looks close to opening tonight.

The fridge is pretty well cleaned out. I am hoping to give it a wash down tomorrow, and finish off all the leftovers for our meals.

Packing will begin in earnest tomorrow. At least mine will and the neighbour is coming over to pick up the keys and see where I will be putting the cat food and such.

I will try to get back on tomorrow and at least one day while we are gone (might be the only way I can keep my sanity).

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

2 comments:

  1. The badges are great Jackie. What a nice momento for everyone too. Our garden and allotment have been slow growing this year compared to last, due to cooler temperatures. Have a wonderful trip for your family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work on the badges!

    ReplyDelete