Monday, December 9, 2019

Menu Monday

The second week in December has now arrived, bringing with it colder temperatures, and more snow.  Hearty meals (not that I changed too much ever) are now in order.

Monday

Leftover chili served over pasta and sprinkled with a bit of grated cheddar cheese.

Tuesday

I am going to take the smaller package of leftover roast beef, find my recipe for beef barley soup and go to town. Serving this with tuna salad sandwiches.

Wednesday

Oven roasted chicken breasts served with rice, and asparagus. I think there might be a tossed salad involved as well. Got to get those servings of veggies and fruit in.

Thursday

Stew served on slices of thick homemade bread. I hope to make enough for leftovers later and make this in my instant pot as well.

Friday

Salmon fillets along with a tossed salad and rice.

Saturday

Leftover stew heated on the stove along with dumplings. 

Sunday

Roast pork, though I could pull out a bag of frozen roast pork and warm that up along with veggies and potatoes it would fill us up nicely.

Lunches are the usual sandwiches, or leftovers. In my case it is usually a piece of toast and some fruit.

Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.



2 comments:

  1. This week is supposed to be sooo cold, and when that happens stew, soup, and casseroles are definitely in order. I made home made buns yesterday. Getting the veg in does tend to get a bit harder!

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a pot of beef barley soup in the fridge right now awa too many leftovers - lemon potatoes & pork chops, frittata with sausages & ham, pasta w/ tomato sauce, rice pudding. I won't have to cook this week. Jackie, have you tried the President's Choice frozen asparagus? I've also started using frozen cauliflower to make antipasto.

    ReplyDelete