Friday, June 5, 2020

Catching Up

I am amazed at how long it has been since I last posted. Sorry if I worried anyone, time just seemed to slip right on by.

I have managed to get my flowers planted and do a great deal of baking to take up to Kris's the next time I went on the 24th of May.

I came home to a very sick kitty. We watched Shania over the weekend, hoping, beyond hope that things would improve. After having her in the family for 20 years I was hoping for a few more years of cat cuddles and affection. Monday morning when there was very little improvement I called the vet. Our sweet girl was held in Harvey's arms as she breathed her last. I just could not ask that she be put to sleep.

We brought her home and she is buried under our cherry trees.

Later that evening I learned that an old and dear friend had left us as well. William had struggled with cancer for a number of years and things just got worse each year. With Covid-19 going on and all the rules, we did not get to say goodbye.

I think that I had a small bout of depression happening after that. Not being able to see our oldest son for months, two very hard deaths, and just plain tired of the rules and regulations. It actually got to be that I would only do what was necessary to keep the house reasonably clean and the two of us fed.

I didn't even want to sew, knit or do anything in the least creative. I am slowly getting bac my joy of life, though there are those days where all I want to do is sit in my chair and cry. Hopefully the worst is over now and I can get back to my normal every day boring life.

Thank you to all who were concerned. It is wonderful to know that the blogging world worries when someone disappears without notice.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, it has been a difficult time and made more difficult with the loss of two good friends. Take care of yourself, take the time you need to grieve, and know that you are in our thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has certainly been a hard time for you losing your friend and your sweet cat. Added to that all the uncertainty with Covid 19 racing around the world, it just seems all too much sometimes. PLease take care, hopefully the bad times will pass soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have had a long absence from Blogland and hope to get back soon. Like you I've had a bereavement (my last aunt) and I just needed time for me. Covid has made bereavements extra hard. And like you I can't get creative. Look after yourself - God bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Jackie, you have had a bad time. Losses of any sort tend to be saddening, and a loved pet who has been with you so long especailly so.
    Take it easy and slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the death of your friend and beloved pet. It is so hard to have loved ones leave us and in this difficult time of not being able to gather with those we love even more so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I am so sorry about the loss of your sweet kitty and long time friend. This pandemic time does truly suck. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, so sorry to hear of your sad losses. I'm not surprised you were feeling low. It's good that you that you took some time out, when you are grieving you need to take time for yourself. I hope that you will gradually get your mojo back, but don't put too much pressure on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your loss. Oth of you friend and cat. It's really hard losing a pet after so long. I think we get more attached to animals than humans. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always wonder and get concerned when I don't see my regular blog friends.

    Its been trying times. I too, have been mildy depressed and unmotivated. At least I know what it is. Day by day I try. I've decided to stop dwelling on everything that is bothering me. Just think of good things and stay away from the news.

    Oh I lost my 19 yr old cat, last year. I still miss her. I have another cat who is 5 years old and love her to pieces. I could never be without a cat in my life. I've always had them. I'm not interested in getting another. I like to spoil the one I have - and spoiled she is!

    Losing a friend - that is hard. We almost lost my FIL twice in March due to the flu. He was 93 at the time. And it was during the lockdown so we are fortunate he did come out of it.

    Hopefully, things will turn around for the best this summer. I pray there will not be a surge in Covid 19 in the fall. I just don't know what I will do, if it does.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, such a sad time for you. So sorry to hear about the loss of your beautiful Shania and your friend.

    I understand your feelings of not wanting to do anything, I have picked up and put down countless books as I just can't settle, it's such a hard time, take care.

    ReplyDelete