Saturday, June 27, 2020

Saturday Roundup

Even under semi lockdown the days and weeks seem to just whiz by. Here it is almost the end of June and I still have lots of projects that I need to finish. Though I must admit I have actually completed more while social distancing than before. I guess that I could always put things off and say I had something better to do, or someone I could visit for coffee.

So what have I completed this week.... 

The masks for Kurt, the masks for Harvey, and mine will be done tomorrow (plan on trimming what needs trimming tonight so I can work on them tomorrow). One outdoor quilt finished and once the masks are done I plan on getting another top at least put together (perhaps two if I can move quickly). 

Here are Kurt's masks.



I am working on the sixth pair of socks and I hope to get the ends weaved in on Tuesday evening. Then the yarn suitable for those will be put away and the leftover bits and bobs that are suitable for mittens will be pulled out and worked on. 

I filled some jars with lovely smelling salts for the tub (think I can get a few more done as well for gifts) and hopefully tomorrow or Monday at some point I can get the lotion bars made.

Somehow I think keeping busy doing these little things is what is keeping me sane. I can't go on the news sites and read much (just do so for about 20 minutes in the morning), also it keeps me from wanting to shake people on Facebook. I have gotten so much better at just hiding posts I disagree with or that seem to encompass too many conspiracy theories.

We are getting used to the new vehicle and all the buttons and computer readings. Still lots to learn, but slowly and surely we are becoming accustomed to something different. It is a joy to drive though, so smooth and having air conditioned seating is wonderful. 

Here is a picture of me and the car.

Harvey refused to get in the picture so it is just me. 

I have updated my stocking up list and there are a few other items I need to get. Still need a bit more on the meat side as well as some frozen veggies (or fresh that I process and freeze myself).We are still having empty shelves in some areas, flour, dry milk, yeast and sugar are the worst. I will be picking those up whenever I can. I want to get a few more dried beans, lentils, pasta and rice as well. Still I am doing very well over all. Though every once in awhile I have a feeling that I am missing something.

Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. I'd say you are doing marvellous! Lots of things either finished or on the go. I can't say that my craft ambition has been there since we've been able to get outside. I have a few ideas for my rocks and painting, just can't seem to pull them together yet. :) Mine are all for fun, not practical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our supermarket shelves are virtually back to normal. There is flour, yeast and lots of other staples that were missing for so long. You are keeping yourself busy and productive which is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! I like the skulls on your son's masks. Perhaps a message to those who see him? LOL

    Nice photo of you and your new vehicle. Enjoy the learning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely car. Enjoy driving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great car, glad you are now getting used to it and enjoying it more. A few gaps here that need filling before the winter months I am hopeful that we will be able to get them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new car is gorgeous!

    You're doing so well with your projects. I started off well but things have waned over the past month or so.

    ReplyDelete