Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All Is Quiet Once Again

Well, all is quiet on the home front once again. While it is wonderful to have my family all home, it is nice to get my washer and dryer, and computer back. Seems as if our sons always have to be online checking something out, or downloading a new programme for me.
I spent the time before the holidays doing a tiny bit of decorating. I found an old twig wreath, some ribbon I had put away, and a great many plastic eggs from when the boys were so much younger (and now I know why I seem to save almost everything....you never know). I decided to try my hand at an Easter Wreath.

This is the beginning of my project. Harvey was certainly surprised when he came up from working on our income tax about a half an hour after I started to see this.

The finished project and to think it only cost me some time as I already had everything else in my craft room. The wreath adds a bit of colour to my entryway, and I used up things that might have been tossed eventually.


Then of course the week before Easter saw me also getting some treats ready for the students in the class. First it was melt the chocolate.


Next I poured both white and milk chocolate into some molds I had in the house added some sucker sticks. Voila, the perfect treat for hungry students. The only cost was the chocolate and I managed to get that on sale.





The children loved them and they got one of each in a cute little Easter bag, tied with some gold ribbon.
Well I am off to visit you all and get caught up on everything you have been up to. Everybody have a wonderful evening. God bless.

4 comments:

  1. OH~~~ Your Easter Wreath is so cute! How sweet of you to decorate a bit with your boys being home. Just the other day ( after Easter ) I opened up a door and saw the Easter towels for the kitchen, I forgot to put them out. The only decorating I did was the big Easter garden flag in front of the house. OH Jackie I am going to make some of the chocolate suckers
    next year for my grandchildren. I tell you, if I know it was going to be so expesive being a grandma I would of started to save a long long time ago.
    I hope you have a wonderful week my friend!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie,

    I love your wreath, my friend. You did a great job and the cost was perfect.

    I bet your students loved the chocolate surprise. We can't make anything to send to school here anymore...it has to be purchased at a grocery store and not made in the home. So, the kids get goodies that are full of sugar and all kinds of preservatives. Sad really. I'm glad you are still able to make the treats at home.

    Do be sure to pick up The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. I watched it again today with hubby and it was just as good the second time around.

    Have a wonderful week.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie,

    How clever of you! That is a lovely wreath! (and the chocolate looks tasty, too!)
    Glad to hear you ordered the Kashi bar samples .. they're actually pretty good .. hope your version comes with coupons, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the Easter egg wreath you made, what a wonderful idea and as you say, didn't cost anything but your time:-) I can well imagine how pleased the kids were to receive those delightful chocolate suckers!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete