It is already getting close to the end of the week. Our sons should be home sometime tomorrow, one quite a bit earlier than the other. So looking forward to them being here, even for a few days. I miss the hustle and bustle of a full house.
Just a bit of news before I post the thrifty happenings this past week. Kris was once again rear ended and this time there is even more damage. Poor guy seems to have the worst luck lately. The lady that hit him said she was going to report the accident immediately and I know Kris will do so as well. Lots more damage this time as his hatchback has been damaged as well. He can still open and close it however.
Okay onto what thrifty things have been happening in this household.
1. Even though the temperature is dropping quite rapidly we have not turned on the heating as of yet.
2. I picked absolutely everything I could out of the garden. All will be processed and used at some point over the next few months.
3. Combined errands so as not to use fuel and save on wear/tear on the vehicle.
4. Darned a pair of socks (they sure don't make them like they used to).
5. All leftovers eaten for another meal, made into something new, or frozen to be eaten at a later date.
Now I was asked what I use pumpkin puree for. I use it to make pie, muffins and loaves. I am thinking of trying soup and perhaps cookies this year since I have so many pumpkins to process.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.