Thursday, April 4, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursdays

 Thrifty and Frugal  


It seems like most weeks are passing by in a blur. Time is speeding by, and there are times I would really like to slow the passage down.

I have been doing the regular frugal and thrifty things over the week, and now that the sun is shining more, our furnace is cutting in less and less. Means more money in our pockets and less being spent on heating the house.

I hang what I can on the lines downstairs and am really looking forward to using the clothesline. 

I repaired a couple of pillowcases, and did a bit of decluttering of my closet and drawers. Those items will be donated and someone else can get good use out of them. This was done when I completed one of my goals/projects for this month. 

Using up bits and bobs still in the fridge, pantry and fridge freezer. Leftovers are being eaten for our lunches or if there is enough leftover for another supper. 

I baked a loaf of bread.

Shopped at home first for anything I needed and substituted where needed. 

Combined errands in order to save fuel and cash.

Harvey bought a couple of more wine kits which while not exactly frugal at first will be so once the wine is made. He also got 2 beer kits from Kris for Christmas and plans on getting those made once the wine is completed.


My frugal addition this month is to be very careful with the water usage. I am saving water when I wash dishes before it warms up to water my plants. I am also trying to save water when washing dishes. I have always only used the dishwasher every second day when it is just Harvey and I, but now am making sure it is really full before starting it. I also fill my kettle while waiting for the water to heat up. 

I am also collecting a few items to list for sale on our Facebook garage sale sites.

Off to get supper on the table. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



 

6 comments:

  1. I've certainly noticed the difference in the number of times the furnace runs during the day. The large windows at the front of the house face east and catch the morning sun. I can see where we'll need to keep the blinds closed in the summer but for now, the warmth it generates is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does seem like days are passing by in a blur. I can't believe it is already Friday again. I love it when the heat doesn't run and we can save money on the electric bill! Sounds like a good,, frugal week for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tony used to do the wine kits with SIL but he is losing his interest in a glass of wine with dinner. I'm sorry about that as the little treats are important too. Yes, time is speeding by for sure, Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is home made wine nice: I do fruit gins but it's not the same thing at all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree that life seems to be passing in a blur these days. There never seem to be enough hours in the day to do everything you'd like. You put me to shame with your efforts to save water, etc. Well done for being so committed.

    ReplyDelete