Wow, even colder out than yesterday.... It seems the warm up has been changed to the weekend. Now do I even want to go out into the cold, or should I wait for warmer temperatures..... I do so badly need to get out of the house, even if it is just a trip to get gas and to the bank for our biweekly allowances. I could also use a container of milk as well and could actually get that at the gas station.
Now what frugal habits did we continue to use while Kurt and Kris were home.
1. Leftovers were always used in other meals or for another meal.
2. I finished the mitts and since the wool yarn was gifted to me well, other than time spent making them, they were totally free to fashion.
3. I downloaded some free reading material onto my ereader. I also got some books that were 80-90% off.
4. Kris also helped me to find a USB compatible DVD drive for our laptops at 60% off. We have needed one for awhile now.
5. Even though it has been really cold here in Saskatchewan, I have opened my drapes and blinds on the sunny days. This helps keep heating costs down as our big front window radiates lots of heat into a room.
6. Drapes and blinds are closed at night to keep the heat in.
7. Line dried three loads downstairs.
I hope you all had a frugal ending to the year. It is very hard to believe that this is the last day of 2021.
Everybody have a wonderful day.