Friday, December 31, 2021

Frugal Friday

 

Wow, even colder out than yesterday.... It seems the warm up has been changed to the weekend. Now do I even want to go out into the cold, or should I wait for warmer temperatures..... I do so badly need to get out of the house, even if it is just a trip to get gas and to the bank for our biweekly allowances. I could also use a container of milk as well and could actually get that at the gas station.


Now what frugal habits did we continue to use while Kurt and Kris were home.

1.  Leftovers were always used in other meals or for another meal.

2.  I finished the mitts and since the wool yarn was gifted to me well, other than time spent making them, they were totally free to fashion.

3.  I downloaded some free reading material onto my ereader. I also got some books that were 80-90% off.

4.  Kris also helped me to find a USB compatible DVD drive for our laptops at 60% off. We have needed one for awhile now. 

5.  Even though it has been really cold here in Saskatchewan, I have opened my drapes and blinds on the sunny days. This helps keep heating costs down as our big front window radiates lots of heat into a room.

6.  Drapes and blinds are closed at night to keep the heat in.

7.  Line dried three loads downstairs.


I hope you all had a frugal ending to the year. It is very hard to believe that this is the last day of 2021.


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.



10 comments:

  1. Hate to make you jealous but the midday temperature here was above 80F (16C).

    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, that should have read 60F. Not quite as jealous!

      Delete
  2. Wishing you and your family a very happy new year, Jackie, may it be a much calmer, happier year ahead x

    ReplyDelete
  3. We eat all our leftovers here - always have. Sometimes they get put into the freezer for pulling out again later but we rarely waste food. Now, having said that....I've been noticing a 'smell' in our storage room that I simply couldn't track down. DH opened our little fridge door this morning and there it was - several rotting clementines. Yewwww, and it upset us both that we didn't eat them fast enough. Frugal lesson #392 - only buy one case at a time! (Happy 2022!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is hard to believe that this is the last day of 2021. Here is hoping to a wonderful new year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great frugal end to the 2021. All the best for 2022, I look forward to reading more of your frugal activites in the New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Jackie! All the best to you and yours in 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year you. Here is to another year of inspiring each other with our frugal ways, and the fun we have finding new frugal ways.

    ReplyDelete