Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 

We had a lovely sun shine day here, there might not be many more of them in the lead up to Christmas. I am keeping my fingers crossed that there are though.

So thrifty happenings this week. Pretty much the usual happening.

I have used up all leftovers in making meals over the past week.

Used up most of the yarn I pulled from my stash making the knitted blanket for Kris. Which I hope to finish tomorrow at some point.

I only went shopping the once, and paid bills today (now I am clear until probably Christmas week). 

Only shopping once means I only drove the car once, thus saving on gas and wear/tear on the vehicle.

Drapes were open on all the sunny days. This kept the furnace off during the day and once the drapes were pulled as the sun sank the furnace still did not run for a few hours.

Harvey made me a new pullout cutting board from bits and pieces of lumber in his workroom. 

Walking every morning for my frugal and fun exercise.


There is probably more, but those are the ones that stick out in my mind today.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good frugal week for you, Jackie. I hope you have more sunny days before Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ability to knit up a blanket (or two) in such a short time is amazing to me. I enjoy knitting but I'm so slow.

    The snow is blowing here this morning. I suspect you'll see it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Using up leftovers .. that is pretty important in this frugal journey. Walking in sunshine .. best frugal exercise there is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to see a picture of this wonderful blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh! you used up stash yarn? Let's see the blanket you made. My goal is to use up the stash, I only have a tinker basket full, alot went to the charity shoppe. I don't buy more than I need anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still in total awe of how fast you knit! Knitting an afghan would take me at least a year (probably more!). I'm braving a grocery store tomorrow bright and early but at least it's usually less crowded than the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of wonderful frugal habits, as always Jackie.

    ReplyDelete