Saturday, December 11, 2021

Saturday Roundup

 


Another beautiful and sunny day here. I managed to get in two walks, cleaning the house (not much to do), baking, and even knitting. Got to love those days when things roll along without any major blimps along the way. 

Most, if not all of this week has been getting a bit of extra cleaning done, readying the house and cooking for the upcoming holidays.

I did my biweekly shopping trip, and I even managed to find a turkey for our Christmas supper. It isn't as big as usual, but as long as it feeds the four of us for one big meal and have a few leftovers to send home with Kris and Kurt, I will be happy and so will they.

We got our boosters and while mine caused me a few problems those side effects seem to have disappeared for the most part. Another thing that makes me very happy. 

Mornings see me putting on my ice cleats and taking a bit of a walk. I might not be walking as far, but I am enjoying my time outside. Fresh air does wonders for a persons outlook, and everybody I see gets a good morning, a wave or a Merry Christmas. 

My trees are decorated, though the small one upstairs could use a few more decorations and once all my other tasks are completed for the holidays, I might make a few more. Just not sure what they will be. Perhaps some more counted cross stitch ones or a few smaller knitted things.

Off to get supper ready. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. Smart woman, wearing your cleats to walk outdoors. I don't like the way mine feel so only wear them when I must.

    Days that move along simply and easily are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful sunny days. They are always welcome here during the cold winter days. I’ve been cleaning extra for Christmas this week too and even doing a bit of decluttering. It feels good to see things all neat and tidy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have managed to get the boosters, so important now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunny days in winter .. so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you've had another busy week. Thank you for the reminder about the cleats. I found some when we were clearing out my friends condo and I tucked them away thinking I might need them and I had forgotten all about them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you wear ice cleats in your area.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you're feeling better after your booster. I have so much cleaning to do in the house, but I just don't think it will get done this side of Christmas. Luckily, no-one is coming to stay, so it's not so critical, but I would like to get on top of the house at some point.

    ReplyDelete