Friday, December 17, 2021

Frugal Friday

 

Wow this week is speeding by. I promise to share pictures of the gifts I have managed to get finished this past few weeks, and what I am working on right now. Just a couple more items and I will be done.

So what frugal things have I been up to this week.

1.  I am using up as much of the food in the fridge as is possible. This past week has seen us get a second meal out of leftovers. This means a meal plan change for the week.

2.  Even though the last three days have been really cold out, I have managed a short walk outside each of those days. I have done a longer walk on the treadmill downstairs on those days. Frugal exercise for sure.

3.  Since my woolen dryer balls did not work (used the wrong type of wool) I salvaged the yarn and I am using it to knit nice warm mitts for Kurt and Kris. I may even manage a pair for Harvey (if he does not mind creamy accents).

4.  Hung three loads of laundry on the lines downstairs on Monday. 

5.  Put $20.00 in the savings envelope and $3.65 in the change jars. 

6.  Using up the potions and lotions the sons and school students bought me over the years as well as those half used bottles from various hotels.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good week. I'm looking forward to seeing your handcrafted items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very frugal week, Jackie, its amazing how much you can get from a toiletries bottle or tube which appears to be empty isn't it. I'm on a mission to use up dregs too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your week sounds good. We have lots of leftovers, since I hardly ate dinner this week due to the booster side effects. We'll continue to eat the leftovers next week. I might make a small pot of chicken curry to mix things up.

    Hope you & Harvey have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good week. Great idea to salvage the yarn from the dryer balls. We use those in our dryer too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always find it so satisfying to use up all those odds and ends of beauty products.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have some great frugal wins on the list this week. I'm on a mission to use up bottles of hand creams/body lotions too - I have a couple that I've been hoarding because they're really nice - why am I letting them sit there when I could be using them and enjoying them!

    ReplyDelete