Thursday, December 30, 2021

Thursday Tidbits

 

We are still more or less in the deep freeze here, and while it will warm up a little, it is still going to be pretty darn cold for the start of the new year.


Because it is going to be so cold I plan on going out shopping tomorrow while it is a bit warmer. Also it is the end of the month so I may as well get what I need so I don't have to face all the people hitting the after holiday sales. All this to say I will be making my lists up, heading to the bank, and getting things done early. We don't need much so I should be in and out very quickly. I also want to drop off a cheque at the church to top off our giving this year (must pick up the new envelopes as well). 


I finished the mitts today and sewn up and will share a picture with you all soon. I have enough left that I can even make a toque. Just need to find a pattern that I like and will add that to the list of projects that need doing next month.

Speaking of projects and goals let's see how well I did with this months.


1.  Finish Kris's gift.  Done

2.  Finish baking and candy making.  Done

3.  Decorate the house.  Done, just not as much as usual.

4.  Sew Harvey's pj's.  Done

5.  Make donation in Harvey's name to the Salvation Army.  Kind of sort of did. I went and bought 4 packages that our Co-op grocery store does up and put them in the food bank box. It was just too crowded for me to feel comfortable in the Salvation Army store any time I went there.

So I actually managed to get everything done, and before Christmas too.


Now on to January's Goals (all project ones for right now, still thinking of financial and personal goals).

1.  Work on t-shirt rug maybe with luck even get it finished.

2.  Work on my quilt. I would like to get the hand quilting completed.

3.  Sew draft dodgers for the front and side door.

4.  Restock knitted dishcloths (make at least 6).

5.  Knit 3 pairs of socks using the sock loom I bought awhile back.

6.  Knit three scarves.

7.  Knit one toque to use up the remains of the free wool yarn I got.

Lots of knitting to be done, but that will help work the yarn stash down this month.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Well done on your goals. I'm sure you'll accomplish all you set out to do.

    Stay warm and safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do so well at meeting your goals! May you and Harvey have a blessed New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did well completing your monthly goals. I'm curious now to know more about the 'sock loom' - any chance of a picture of not only the results but also it in use? I like knitting socks but they do take a long time.

    ReplyDelete