Thursday, December 9, 2021

Thursday Tidbits

 

I have had a rough couple of days. While I am very glad that I got my booster shot, I am not happy at the reactions I get. I have been ready for a slightly sore arm and a bit of stiffness, instead I get an arm that is really stiff and very sore to the touch. At least this time around I don't have a great big lump at the injection site, it isn't bright red and only slightly hot to the touch (that is when I can stand to touch it). I hope that this disappears faster than it did the last time.

I talked to Kris to find out what they are giving their Dad for Christmas and it is a new laptop.... I said I would go in with them for it. Even though he got a really good deal on it, it is a bit high for them to spend on. Harvey is going to be very surprised.

The bedrooms that Kris and Kurt use are clean and tidy. I straightened up in both of them and did a good dusting. They are ready for when the boys arrive. 

Omicron has reached my province. Only 4 cases so far (at least as of yesterday) and those involved all belong to one family. Their close contacts have been notified and are isolating as well. Hopefully our health association can keep tight control over this. Also another reason why I am happy that we have our booster. Kurt has his as well, now I just hope Kris can get his as well. I believe they are lowering the age once again very soon. Right now it is 50 and older, I am hoping to see 40 and older by next week.

The days go on here much the same as always. I have started the first white strip for Kris's knitted blanket. I hope to be half way done it tonight and be finished both strips by early next week. Blocking and sewing it together should be a breeze. 

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

7 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you've had a reaction to your latest jab. Omicron is close to our daughter too so I'm so glad she's had 2 jabs so far. There seems to be no end to this thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That you are continuing to knit with your sore arm is amazing. Though I do understand they recommend continuing to use the arm to ease the pain.
    I have my booster booked for Dec 15 (so happy they dropped the age), and though I had no issues with AstraZeneca I'm not sure how I'll react to Pfizer. My brother had that one and became quite ill for 24-48 hours. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect me that way.
    Omicron is a bit worrying, but I suspect we won't be seeing many cases for awhile yet...but it is inevitable. Continued masking and avoiding people as much as possible. It has become the norm.
    Take care, feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next week they will be giving the booster to 65 and ups in our area.. I would like to get it out of the way. Hoping the reaction is minimal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, my reaction from the booster was not fun and I am sorry you are going through this. But how fun the boys are coming home. I bet you can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your reaction is over with quickly. Hope to soon be able to get ours but it can't happen until after Christmas because of the 6-month wait period between.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your arm is feeling better Jackie. This is what I'm afraid of - suffering side effects again. We need to get our booster shots too. Last time I was sick for 3 days from the vaccine. I'm hoping I don't get sick again.

    That is a lovely gift for Harvey. Hope you all stay safe, warm & healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I write this on 20th December, Omicron has gone mad here in London and we are waiting to see what will happen next and whether we might lockdown again. OH and I have had our boosters and LB has today booked hers for later in the week thankfully. I had a very sore arm after my booster, but luckily no other side effects. I hope your arm feels much better now.

    ReplyDelete