Monday, December 27, 2021

Menu Monday

 


Christmas is over, and Kurt left this afternoon so he could stop on his way home and visit a friend. He took a rapid test before he left to make sure he was healthy and since he does not have Omicron, we more than likely don't either. He did leave three tests here at home for us to use if we need to. I may pick up another set of 5 just in case. 

Kris is still here, and probably will not be leaving until later tomorrow or even Wednesday.

This means that fairly soon I will only be cooking for two once again.

However here are the menus for the upcoming week. Subject to change (usually just shift between days).


Monday

Leftover ham made into a casserole. I think we will finish up the salad as well.


Tuesday

Leftover turkey. If Kris is still here I think I will be making turkey tetrazzini and serving it with either peas or perhaps some cut up raw veggies and dip.


Wednesday

Clean out the fridge. Lots of leftovers to use up I am sure.


Thursday 

Leftover stew with homemade bread slices.


Friday

A small lazy perogy casserole.


Saturday

Soup and sandwiches. A lighter meal and one that won't see me standing over a hot stove or oven for hours.


Sunday

I was going to make a beef roast, but I have lots of sliced frozen beef in the fridge freezer so I will warm that up, make mashed potatoes, boil some carrots and call the meal done. I may even make gravy.


It is very hard to believe that this year is quickly drawing to an end. We were under mandates for much of the year, but really the year went by very quickly. Let's hope the upcoming year marches by as quickly.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

1 comment:

  1. Omicron is spreading everywhere..... Sure hope you don't end up needing those tests.....

    ReplyDelete