Monday, December 20, 2021

Menu Monday

 


Another week of menus coming right up. As Kurt now will not be home today (hopefully later in the week), I am doing a few switches on the menu plan. Just to use up a few things in the fridge and freezer. Clearing more out for all those lovely Christmas dinner leftovers.


Monday

I brought up a container of soup to use up last week, well needless to say I had so many meals of leftovers, this did not get used. It will today. I will also make grilled cheese sandwiches to go along. That will get rid of some cheese that has been in the fridge for awhile.


Tuesday

Leftover chicken from Sunday's roast meal. I also have some frozen pasta so will probably combine the two into a casserole of some sort.


Wednesday

I know that Kris will be home today, and hopefully Kurt as well. I plan on making chili and probably toast for our supper.


Thursday

This will be smoked sausage, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies (or perhaps peas).


Friday

Lasagna, garlic bread and a salad. I started to do this about 5 years ago and it has become a tradition. I cheat a little and buy a frozen lasagna cause tomorrow I do nothing but cook.


Saturday

Christmas Dinner which is the usual turkey, mashed potatoes, some kind of cooked veggie, salad, gravy, stuffing, an assortment of pickles, and a dessert that none of us will eat until later cause we are just too full.


Sunday

I will probably boil the carcass down and make a huge pot of turkey soup. I have a feeling both the sons will be leaving today or tomorrow, and if I start this early enough I can send some back with them... or at least one of them, as Kurt could be stopping at a friends for a day or two.


So there you have it. The meal plan leading up to Christmas and even a day after. 


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Yum, it all sounds delicious! Especially the soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like another week of deliciousness at your home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be so nice to have the boy's home. I hope you have the Merriest of Christmases.t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another great week of meals at your house! A big pot of turkey soup sounds like a welcome thing and I'm sure the boys will be happy to help you eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing fancy here - the kids will be here for Christmas Eve - I'M making a big pot of chili with the fixings. Then we all sit around, eating chili, opening gifts and just enjoying each others company. Now Christmas day dinner...nothing. At least for now. i figure this is my 'off year' for Christmas. Lord willing, there is always next year.

    ReplyDelete