Saturday, December 18, 2021

Saturday Roundup

 

I promised you all some pictures of the Christmas gifts I have made this year. 

There will be some repeats, so I hope you don't mind. 

The oven mitts and gardening apron.


Kurt's superhero quilt.


Kris's knitted blanket. Use up quite a bit of my stash here.


Pajama bottoms for Harvey, made from a flannel sheet (the bottom one is put aside for backing for quilts).


Kurt and Kris will each get 4 of these ornaments.

As well as 4 of these silver ones.

These are the mitts I am now working on. 


I should be finished the first pair by tomorrow afternoon, and can start the second pair made from a slightly lighter shade of grey. 

Baking is moving along as well. The cinnamon buns were made today, and tomorrow I will hopefully finish up.

We are a bit worried that Kurt will not make it home for Christmas this year. It seems he is having trouble with his car. In looking things up on Google there could be a fault in his engine. This could mean an engine replacement, which will not be an easy to do fix. He will be taking his vehicle in on Monday and we are all keeping our fingers crossed that it is a simple fix. At least if it is an engine problem it is still on warranty and as he says he won't have to take out a loan to get his car fixed. 

We have told him that we would pay part of his having to rent a car if he needs to in order to make it home. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

11 comments:

  1. Those are such nice gifts you’ve made this year, Jackie. I hope they can easily fix Kurts car and he can get there for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful makes Jackie. I do hope that Kurt will make it home for Christmas. Fingers crossed that his car can be fixed quickly. Why do these things happen at the worst time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a design on your white and black afghan? I clicked on the picture in hopes of seeing it better and it sorta looked there was a design. You're quilt is adorable. Bet that was a fun one to make. Good use of a sheet. Assume you're repurposing one? My family no longer exchanges gifts, but I can remember back in the day working right up to Christmas Eve to get all the gifts done. Good luck to you. Hope your son is able to get his car fixed and makes it home for Christmas. I think our daughter will arrive tomorrow. A bit iffy, as she's in NY to aid a friend, who's just lost her mother. Was out blog walking this morning and spotted you on a mutual friends blog and thought I'd pop in for a visit. It's always fun to meet new bloggers. Do swing by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the strips each have a series of 6 cats designed into the block. The white strips have the cat facing in one direction and the black strips have them facing in the opposite direction. I put the white strips at each end because Kris's cat is white at the front, black in the middle and has a very cute target swirl of white on the rear.

      I will definitely pay you a visit. I love new blogs.

      God bless.

      Delete
  4. Lovely gifts Jackie!

    Fingers crossed that Kurt's vehicle is an easy fix. If you collect Airmiles, you can use those to rent a vehicle as well. A number of years ago I rented a car on the island using airmiles and it cost me $125 for an entire week (just the fees and taxes). I do know they've upped the number of airmiles needed but that might be an option too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely and lovingly made gifts! Hope Kurt is able to make it for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This the way Christmas should be; your homemade gifts from the heart. How special that is. Car troubles so close to Christmas is a bummer - hope Kurt can get it fixed soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks wonderful, Jackie. You are so talented! I hope Kurt's car is easily fixable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow .. what beautiful work! You most definitely have gifted hands!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some great makes Jackie. I particularly like the superhero quilt. I hope Kurt's car gets him home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the car issue turns out to be very minor and fixable right away.
    Your Christmas creations look wonderful and will be happily received I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete