Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Baby It's Cold Out There

 We had our coldest night so far this winter, and things do not seem to be warming up very much either. I am a bit worried about Kris being on the road today heading home. He did fill his tank last night, he will have food and extra blankets in his vehicle, and I am making sure he has a toque and scarf as well. I will also give him strict orders to call or text when he arrives at his apartment. 

Me, well I am staying close to home and celebrating my birthday by doing as little as possible. I plan on some knitting, taking in some seams on a top, and enjoying the sun that is beating in our front picture window. I will also be getting rid of some of the sweets I made for our Christmas feasting. 

I thought I would share some of my gifts with all of you.


For Christmas I got


This pottery tea pot from Kurt.

These are just the small tubes of hand lotion from the 4 (yes 4) gift sets that Kris bought me from The Body Shop. I have the shower gel, body lotions, puffs, and scrubs put away in the cabinet already.

Harvey got me lots of gift cards. Kris helped me get the Google Play on on the TV computer so Harv and I can rent and watch some movies.

Now since today is my birthday, and Kurt would be gone I got to open my gifts early.

Kurt got me two hand painted silk scarves. Now I just have to learn how to wear/tie them.


Harvey made me this to store my vinyl rolls on which gives me more storage on the bookshelf in the sewing/craft room.






Kris gave me two large three wick candles, and many more wax melts than I wanted to pull out. I grabbed the lavender one to photograph.

I even managed to have an early birthday supper as Harvey sprang for pizza last night.


Everybody have a wonderful day. 

God bless.

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Jackie! What wonderful birthday and Christmas gifts you received. I hope both days were wonderful days for you. I hope Kris makes it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vinyl roll storage is enviable! Clever Harvey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Jackie, you have received some wonderful gifts. I hope your day was extra special 🎂🎈x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well happy birthday you! I love the storage system you husband made. How clever. WHat nice gifts. I love candles, and lotion and the scarves are going to be lovely. We got a lot of snow in the last 24 hours and Hubs is out shoveling to beat the band.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday Jackie!

    It's always a worry when one of our children are on the road at this time of year. I hope Kris has made it home safe and sound by now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jackie! I hope your day was wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Jackie.

    I worry about my sons a lot when they are out in severe weather, too. The curse of being a mom.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Jackie. I hope you had a wonderful day. You've been blessed with so many wonderful gifts. I especially love the teapot. I hope Kris made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday, Jackie. Hope your day was awesome. I always ask my son to text me when he gets home especially in the winter when the weather is terrible. Sometimes he remembers. When he forgets, I just text and text until he messages back. Annoying, he says...a mom thing , I say.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy birthday Jackie. What lovely presents you have had!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy Birthday Jackie, you got some lovely presents. Enjoy. All the best for 2022.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy, albeit now somewhat belated, Birth Day wishes!

    ReplyDelete