I hope you all have had a lovely and frugal week. Mine has been pretty darn good as far as I can tell.
Now what frugal happenings have been going on here on the old homestead.
1. I don't remember if I have said this before, but I found out that I could use bubble bath as handwash. Lovely as I don't have to give away or discard something that if I use it in the bath causes me problems. I also have the chance to use up a bit more of those extra tubes of hand cream. I always cut them open to get the last little bit. Winter weather is very drying to my hands.
2. Drapes have been opened during the sunny portions of each day. Allows us to keep the lights off for a longer period of time. Also the solar heat keeps the furnace from running.
3. No shopping this week. That means I only used the vehicle to go to Bible study this week. It also means I get to shop the pantry and fridge for meal prep.
4. Walking outside at least twice a day for free exercise.
5. Harvey fixed his saw yesterday. The switch had gone, so he pulled the electrical panel off and got the switch working once again. He also managed to make what he calls a hot box. This will be used on cold days to get our snowblower up and working. It was made with bits and bobs from his workroom. However he now says he is running out of materials.
So that are the bigger things I can remember. I may have to start writing things down.
As prices rise in the grocery area, heating, and lighting changes are going to need to happen in our budget. When Harvey gets my Excell sheets ready for next year. I will be going through them with a fine tooth comb I am sure there are areas of savings I am missing. This isn't really necessary as of yet, but I am taking this on like a game.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.