Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Midweek Once Again


 

I have spent some time getting ready for our kind of get away tomorrow. Still loads to do, but I am seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. I find getting ready to go anywhere a stressful thing. One must make lists, pack and hope nothing is forgotten. It seems as if I always forget something sooner or later. I am still adding to my lists for this weekend. My goodness, one needs to bring a great deal with them for something like this.


Thought I would share a few more frugal tips with all of you.

1.  Before a contractor begins work, require a detailed written contract.

2.  When your contractor requires a deposit please make sure it is reasonable.

3.  Establish a payment schedule according to work done and not on fixed dates.

4.  Shingles in poor condition will put off buyers. We now have a metal roof which has a lifetime guarantee. 

5.  Repainting those areas that need so pay off big time compared to the effort and cost if you want to resell.

6.  Never rely on short-term returns.

7.  Check unit prices in stores. Sometimes sale items are actually more expensive.

8.  Earn gift cards for your treats.

9.  Drink more water and less soda.

10. Use food scraps to re-grow your own food.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.



2 comments:

  1. I find it stressful too Jackie - getting ready to go anywhere. I wish you a wonderful get away tomorrow. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a fantastic time! It will be worth all the preparing

    ReplyDelete