Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Thrifty Tuesday

 

We have had some cold and snowy days lately. Today was the first day the sun was shining and there was no real wind. It was also the day we got to go for our booster shots. 

Good thing I made appointments as many people thought they could just walk right in. Turns out they were told that if any vaccines were leftover after all the appointments were done they would be called. Names and numbers were taken and those people went away. 

So what thrifty habits took place since last Tuesday took place here on the old homestead?

I keep using up bits and bobs from the fridge. There were a few produce items that were getting a bit wilted, so Harvey decided they would be perfect to feed to the jackrabbits that keep hopping through our front yard. Win/win as far as I am concerned.

I have been using my make it yourself Kcup a bit more the past few weeks.

I fixed the neckline on one of my nightgowns and fixed a seam in another pair of pj bottoms for Harvey.

I have also been making sure the lights are off in rooms not in use, something we have become lax about.

Pulled out fabric to make some new draught dodgers as I get my other sewing done this month.

The black strips are done for the knitted blanket so I will pull the white yarn out of my stash. Love being able to use some more yarn up.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


7 comments:

  1. Glad you had a day of better weather to go get your booster shots. We had to have appointments too and that made the process very efficient and fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to get your boosters. I think I'll be eligible soon, though I checked one website this morning and it hasn't updated yet to match the announcement that over 50's can get them now.

    I'm sure the rabbits were thrilled to get the veggies. The birds are swarming to the feeder in the back yard. I have to keep an eye out as the squirrel(s) show up too and they are little piggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so happy for you that you got your booster shot! The make it yourself K cup must save you a lot of money. We’ve been enjoying hot chocolate as the weather has been colder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy you were able to get your boosters. Isn't it fun to get to use up leftovers to feed animals. I love taking scraps to my chickens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you were able to get your booster shots - we can't have ours until mid-January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your thrifty ideas. I use the fill your own K-cups on a regular basis. I have a particular brand of coffee I like and it is just too expensive to buy in the ready made K-cups.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been very thrifty this week. Happy to see you got your boosters.

    ReplyDelete