Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Tuesday Tidbits

 


A cooler and drizzly day today. I have stuck close to home, finished spring cleaning the bathroom, decluttered and cleaned the kitchen drawers. Perhaps I am slowly gaining space and simplicity. I do have one drawer left in the kitchen and that should be cleaned, decluttered and tidy by tonight. I keep remembering what a poster on a forum said many years ago. Small bites of the elephant and things will be done in due time. 

I even managed to get Harvey to go through the hall coat closet and remove those coats he no longer wears or needs. I have quite the bag of donations ready to go. 

Now, I am enjoying mugs of tea, and if I just had a cookie or two to go along with things would be pretty much perfect. I suppose I need to do some baking this week as I have lots of tea to get through as part of my using items up from the pantry. 

The tulips are starting to burst through the soil, so nice to see some green appearing. Nothing really starting in the perennial bed as of yet but since that needs a good clean up, I am not too worried. Also bought some new perennial bulbs to plant in there as well. 

Mending, ironing and working on the hand quilting for part of the afternoon. Managed to get a couple of appointments set up as well for the end of next week. 

Plans for tomorrow are getting set in place, at least spring cleaning wise. I plan on washing the range exhaust hood and soaking the filter as well as washing the walls in the kitchen and a few other small spring cleaning tasks in that room as well. 

One great thing about rainy, cloudy days is that things get accomplished inside. 


Everybody have a wonderful day.

God bless.


5 comments:

  1. To take it slowly and gently is, in a way, a form of simplicity. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things are greening up here too, it's so nice. I need Bailey to go through her coats too, she has so many that she does not wear anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a very productive day.
    We had rain here yesterday and more expected today, along with a bit of snow. My daughter and I got the base of her bed put together, this morning we plan to finish it. Then I'm off to the old house to start the cleaning process.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you did a lot. Finally we have spring bursting forth. My perennial's are getting very nice and full.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You accomplished a lot. I'm trying to convince myself that I need to stop making things and spend some time tearing my sewing room apart and seeing how much I don't need (or want).

    ReplyDelete