Friday, April 5, 2024

Recipe Friday

 


I don't remember if I ever posted this recipe before, but as it is one of our favourites, and was passed down to me by Harvey's Mom, I am sharing it once again.


Rhubarb Sponge Pie

1 unbaked pie crust

3 tbsp softened butter

1 cup sugar

2 eggs, separated

2 tbsp (heaping) flour

1/8 tsp salt

2 c chopped rhubarb (I usually use frozen and drain some of the liquid off)


Stir softened butter with sugar, egg yolks, flour and salt. Beat egg whites until stiff. Add rhubarb to first mixture and then fold in egg whites. Fill the pie shell and bake at 400 F about 50 min. or until top browns. Enjoy warm with ice cream or cold.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. I never heard of sponge pie. My husband loves anything rhubarb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm - that sounds absolutely fabulous. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm picking rhubarb from the garden so that would be a good recipe to try. Thanks Jackie.

    ReplyDelete