Wednesday, April 3, 2024

Midweek


 

Once again it has been a quiet day here on the old homestead. Perfect day as far as I am concerned.

We took all our tax information to the accountants today just before noon. I got a phone call a bit ago and surprisingly they have started on it already. Could actually be done by the end of this week. We are hoping for a good result where neither of us owes anything. Doubtful, but we can hope.

Last night I started to do some work in the bathroom. A wicker shelving unit has now been removed, and boy does the bathroom look totally different. I even managed to clear space in the cupboard we have in there for towels, toilet paper, and extra personal care items. Tomorrow, I hope to get the cupboard under the sink cleared out, and perhaps the drawers as well. We shall see.

I copied more recipes that we enjoy onto index cards and got the 14 done. They are now in the photo album I am using to keep them. I will eventually have to go through and perhaps make an index page. Sounds like a task for next winter. 

I have gotten a bit more knitting done, and hopefully (keeping my fingers crossed), I will be finished the back of my knitted tank by tomorrow.

Brought up a tote from the basement to store my projects for this month in (a few items that will be worked on if I finish them). That tidied the corner beside my chair a little bit. I do have to get the material out for the sundress/tank dress that I want to cut out... Need to find the pattern as well.

Goals for my projects tomorrow are change wardrobes around. Perhaps sew the shorts (easy sew as they are elastic waist and only a few seams). 

Extra cleaning will be the washing of the window sills, and washing the walls in the bathroom and washing the shower curtains as well. May even get the floors a good washing as well.

My back is good and with a bit of a rest between tasks should be able to complete all I want to get done. Will let you all know how things go in a couple of days.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


5 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed re those taxes and I am so glad your back is allowing you to get the decluttering and sorting out done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Changing a room just a bit always feels good. Glad your back is better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your taxes. Slow and steady - love it. That just makes life joyful in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that your back is doing better.
    I never owed taxes when I was working, but now that I'm retired, there is a little owing each year - mostly due to investment income where tax isn't withheld.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It feels so good doesn' t it to get things cleared out and even changed up a bit when it comes to storage, etc. I hate tax time and these days a fellow does it for us so that has made things easier.

    ReplyDelete