Saturday, April 27, 2024

Saturday Roundup

 


I don't have any pictures of things I have gotten done so far this week. Probably because nothing is really finished and I need something to share on Tuesday as an end of the month post.

So what have I been up to.

We went to the capital city for my appointment and on the way home picked up some sandwich meat (that we needed to slice or I needed to cut). Also brought home some free bedding plants. 

I have worked on my knitting project, did some cross stitch, spring cleaning happened in a couple of places, and I worked in the perennial bed (still a bit to do in there). 

I made my project list for next month, my extra cleaning list (hopefully minus spring cleaning), and my monthly menu (making sure I am using items up and stretching my food as much as possible).

Soups were made for those rainy, cooler days that we get sometimes in the late spring and early summer. Heck, we kind of like soup one day a week. I still have to make Cream of Mushroom Soup (got mushrooms on deep discount) and will do that early next week. 

It seems as if I fill my days with tasks and really never actually get them all completed. Guess that aging and a body that can't do what it did when I was younger (even a few years ago) is finally catching up with me. Must learn to pace myself a bit better.

Like today I thought I could get the perennial bed cleaned out, bulbs planted and spring clean the rooms our sons use when home. Duh, only managed the clean out, and that really isn't totally done. Jackie, must learn that she isn't a spring chicken any longer. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening. 

God bless.

8 comments:

  1. You put me to shame with everything that you accomplish Jackie. I've been working on a huge Ebay purge and it's slow going. Hope you & Harvey have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, join the club. Pacing ourselves is a must to get anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like having soup once a week too. I made a minestrone soup this week, and I'll be having that for dinner tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy to forget that as we age, our muscles don't heal as quickly from overuse. But not using them is worse in the long run. So keep doing what you can and allow yourself some accommodation knowing it will take a little longer.
    I still think you are an energizer bunny in comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soups are for me a go any time of year. I just love a good cuppa soup! Have a wonderful week. Cheers, Ivy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont think any of us are Spring Chickens any more Jackie. You always seem very busy and get a lot done each week. Dont forget to take time for some R & R too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love soups. Getting the soupmaker for OH was the best thing I've done in years. Great way to use up stuff from the fridge and cupboards and so tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get over how much you manage to accomplish. You certainly put me to shame. I thought I was doing well to get rid of several empty picture frames and some decor items I was tired of. By saying 'get rid of' I mean they're piled in a corner in the bedroom waiting for there to be enough there to make a thrift store drop.

    ReplyDelete