Monday, April 8, 2024

Menu Plan Monday

 


Thought I would try something out and get a few posts started and ready to post later. 

I do a monthly menu and try to use things up in my fridge and two freezers. 

Here is my menu for the upcoming week.


Monday

I will be making a really bid meatloaf recipe. Tonight it will be served with either warmed up potatoes from Sunday, or I will pull out the instant potatoes and use up one of those packages. Our veggie will be peas. The extra meatloaf will be frozen and used later this month.


Tuesday

Leftover chicken made into a casserole. I still have some cabbage that needs using up so will make some more coleslaw.


Wednesday

Soup and sandwiches. I have pulled a container of Pea Soup from the chest freezer. Sandwiches might just be that last tin of flakes of ham made into ham salad.


Thursday

Leftovers from Tuesday.


Friday

The pancakes I did not make last week.


Saturday

Smoked sausages, salad, and pasta.


Sunday

Roast pork, roasted potatoes, and roasted carrots. Hopefully I will make a salad to go with this meal.


Everybody have a wonderful afternoon.

God bless.

5 comments:

  1. Your weeks menu sounds delicious Jackie. I have some leftover cooked chicken that I am going to make a casserole with tonight. Like you I think I will make a coleslaw to go with it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your meals, they always sound so very delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm having pork tenderloin, potatoes, and carrots this evening, so had to smile when I read that in your menu. I rarely plan more than 3 or 4 days of meals in my head. I try not to cook enough to have left overs with few exceptions; but casseroles are always a good way to use up left overs. My favorite left over use in a casserole in chili to make johnny marzetti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss cooking and using the leftovers.

    ReplyDelete