Thursday, April 11, 2024

Thrifty and Frugal Thursdays

  Thrifty and Frugal  

My goodness the weeks keep right on rolling. It always surprises me just how quickly the days pass by. 

We have had some lovely weather lately, along with a bit of rain, the sun has shone most days (not the day of the eclipse though), which has kept the house from needing the furnace most days. 

I have been using up the bits of leftovers well that are in the fridge or freezer and I am loving how that saves us some cash. 

Harvey figures he has fixed the snowblower. The rod that moved the chute broke during it's last use and he had to use his hands to change the direction. Hopefully this works, as one can't get that part any longer and to get a welder to make one would be slightly costly.

I have been decluttering, and finding lots of unfinished projects as well. Should have enough of those to keep me busy for a very long time. 

I was going to purchase some white quilting thread today, but when I went through my box, I found some dark green. Since every embroidered block has some green in it this works perfectly and saved me a little bit.

Groceries were expensive, but I did save almost $60.00 according to my receipt. I didn't get much in the way of meat, just bacon and stuffed chicken. Hoping for better sales in two weeks. 

I decided to wait to do my ironing this week as it didn't make sense to pull out the necessary tools just to iron one shirt. I did sew a couple of missing buttons on a few items though. 

Still saving the water as it comes out of the tap until it heats up. I now not only use it to water plants, but fill the Brita and fill my kettle as well. Sometimes a mug of tea in the late afternoon really hits the spot. Some days it is a cup of instant coffee or iced tea (just need to put some ice cubes in for the tea).

I have been going for my walk every day and really enjoying being out in the fresh air. 

Entertainment has been reading free books on my Kobo, and watching free movies on Pluto TV, or CBC Gem. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. It is amazing there are so many simple ways to save and enjoy our time. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like you are very busy in a good way, doing lots of things you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell you I need to get back to saving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I keep trying to convince myself that I need to do another deep dive in my sewing room and get rid of some more 'stuff'. I really want to get rid of the pull out couch so I can get a storage system for my landscape fabrics that's easier than hauling big Rubbermaid totes. Why is it that the one I want is always, without fail, on the bottom of the heap?

    ReplyDelete