Saturday, October 17, 2009

Weekend and Finished Projects





Today was the perfect day to make salsa. Many of the green tomatoes I had picked last week were ripe and I had some time on my hands between other household choresI chopped the green and red pepper, added the chopped large onion, the chilies and the jalopena peppers. Mixed in a bit of brown sugar, paprika, garlic, tomato paste, pickling salt and vinegar. The last thing I added was the peeled chopped tomatoes.

Cooked it all down for about an hour. The house smelled very good through most of the day.













Put it in jars to store in the cold room. The recipe only gave me 7 pint jars so I am very tempted to make some more....just have to see how fast the remaining tomatoes ripen.










I finished off the vest I was making for myself today. This was made with Vanna's Choice. I needed something warm to wear in school to go with my blue, grey and black pants. This fits the ticket very well.
I also like things that fit very long so I made this longer than normal to fit over my fairly large tush.
Well off to visit you all now.
Everybody have a wonderful evening.
God bless.

7 comments:

  1. Your salsa looks yummy!! What a pretty vest, I like things that fit longer as well.
    Have a beautiful week,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salsa looks great! I'll be right over with the chips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmm, your salsa looks so delicious...pass me the cornchips! hehe I used to make salsa but stopped after the boys moved out since I don't eat it half as much as they did.

    I just love the colour of the vest you made for yourself and like you I prefer to have a long fit when it comes to tops:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fresh homemade salsa! This looks great~ and this is the first time I have heard adding brown sugar to the recipe-yum!

    The vest is amazing! You are very talented indeed.

    Hugs and blessing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jackie....your salsa looks so pretty cooking away and I can just tell it is delicious too.
    Love your vest, what a wonderful color...hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOH your salsa looks delicious!!
    And I love the colour of the vest you knitted. I really like the Vanna's choice wool too ~ it comes in so many beautiful colours like the blue you chose.
    Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday Jackie.

    ReplyDelete