Monday, October 29, 2012

Grocery Shopping

Today I did the last grocery shop for the month. What I bought should last us two weeks with just a trip to pick up milk and produce in a week or so.

I learned long ago to make a list before I shop and since the price of groceries keeps right on rising use the fliers to make my list.





Then after making my list, I print out a free calendar. You can find many templates on line and free is always good!

I always plan my dinner menus (at least the main course) for a month. I do this using my grocery list, and what I have stocked up on in my freezer and pantry. Sure things get moved around once in awhile but I love the fact that I don't have to worry about what we are going to eat every night. It also enables me to use things up that other wise might get pushed to the back of the refrigerator freezer.


Every so often I have a clean out the fridge night. Supper is whatever leftovers I have stashed away. We also use these leftovers for lunch during the week.

Since I started paying more attention to what I have available to cook and shopping sales we have saved a great deal. Not only in cold hard cash, but time as well.

Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment