Saturday, September 25, 2021

Saturday Roundup

 

This week has been busy, but after the marathon chopping session at the beginning of the week I have cut back on getting things done. There is always tomorrow (but I do want more of my monthly projects completed).

We had frost one night this week and right now my bell peppers and eggplant don't look too good. I am hoping we can nurse them along so I can get at least one more pick.

I am also happy to say that by tomorrow afternoon the quilt for my friend will be done. I am hopeful that by the end of the day I will have a little pillow made to accompany it. This will be leaving my home along with the small prayer shawl for the little fellow. It is D's nephew and I am sure she will see that he gets it.

I have pretty much made up my lists for the couple of stores I will be hitting next week and my lord they are long. Many of the items will last longer than the two weeks, but do need to be replaced in the pantry. If I had been planning on my usual shopping the list would be half as long, but since I am trying the two week thing between trips well this is what I will need to get used to. Rather large orders to begin with and then things getting a bit better as I get used to shopping this way once again. Both sides of my paper are pretty much filled. Scary at what this could cost this time.

All appointments for the remaining month are set up, and I am hopeful that we will be able to arrange next months visits with ease. Mind you that all depends on whether or not face to face appointments will be allowed. I have the feeling as the number of cases rise in my province we could be back to just phone appointments with doctors, no hair salon appointments, and definitely no dental appointments (I have a cleaning and check up next month).

Still working on using up as much as I can, wearing out and mending all that is possible. Stretching meals, and saving on electrical costs where I can. 


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.


3 comments:

  1. Hope the case count starts to go down soon. I think you are wise to shop every two weeks but that it will be quite a chore initially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm starting to wonder if you ever sit down. Your ability to juggle so many projects along with the preserving of the produce is very impressive. These days I seem to be slowing down as if I'm planning to hibernate this winter. Perhaps I am.

    I certainly hope we see cases start declining soon. With the PICU beds being used by adults, and the NICU taking pediatric COVID patients, it's a scary time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your province soon gets the numbers on the downward trend. It's a worry, especially after the news seemed encouraging for awhile. In Ontario things are opening up very slowly and that's a good thing - even though it's really hard on businesses.

    ReplyDelete