Friday, May 27, 2022

Frugal Friday

 

Wow, it is the end of the work week for those that work, and it is the end of my planting and pretty much the end of Harvey's getting in the veggie garden (though he was looking for kohlrabi starts when we bought the last of the dirt yesterday, and what I hope are the last of my plants (well maybe a citronella or lavender yet). 

I finished all my planting over the course of three days. My back just does not take all the bending over that is necessary any longer. Age is creeping up on me. Still I am happy with what I got completed and just in time for a lovely gentle rain. Which we were not supposed to get until tomorrow. This will replenish what we have used out of the water barrel working on the gardens over the past week. 


1.  Pruned one of the two lemon trees and placed the trimmings in some water to see if they root. Perhaps a couple more trees coming up.

2.  Been making good use of leftovers either as lunches or as other meals at supper time.

3.  I have been able to keep the lights off most of the day and let the natural light into the living room and dining room. Today, drats I need the lights on.

4.  Reading free books that I downloaded on my ereader for entertainment when I first get into bed.

5.  Working on those monthly projects to use some of my stashes up. So far it seems to be working well.

6.  Harvey has been working in his space in the basement repairing a few items and making a few as well. 

7.  Windows have been opened to keep the house cool. Holding off on using the air conditioner as long as possible.


In Canada we get a FIT test mailed to us every two years. This is a sort of pre-test for colon or rectal cancer. My test came back normal today. Fist pump happening. 

Menus have been changed a bit over this week, just so I can use things up that need using. I can always move those meals to the next week. 

I think I might finally have gotten Harvey on the frugal path. He is often the one that says lets use this up before it goes bad, we don't want to waste anything. Still there is a bit of waste, but not like in the days before I realized how much of our money we were wasting.


Everybody have a wonderful evening.

God bless.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the completion of your planting! And yes, that sure can cause a back ache. I always enjoy your frugal lists.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about those hurting backs after a day gardening.

    My husband is not as frugal as I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very hard to completely avoid waste, I think. You do really well. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got it done, ours is done also. Now we will wait and we will be overwhelmed with our harvest in the fall. You know those days when you go out and pick a bushel of produce a day.

    ReplyDelete